Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year 2010

I'm excited about this new year and so thankful for this past year. We were so blessed in 2009 and we can't wait to see what God is going to do in 2010. Over on Kelly's Korner Kelly highlighted 5 things she is thankful for in 2009 and 5 things she wants to improve on in 2010. I thought it was a great idea so I'm going to share my 10 things as well.
5 Things I Am Thankful For In 2009!

1. I am so thankful for this beautiful and healthy little boy. I was blessed to have a wonderful pregnancy and all the more grateful to have a healthy baby boy. Ryan is the biggest JOY in our lives. His smile just lights up our lives every day.

2. I am so thankful to have the best husband, Father to Ryan, friend and soulmate. Matt puts up with alot and I am so thankful for him. He is so good with Ryan. When Ryan looks at his daddy you can just see how much he loves him. Matt has grown alot this year. I'm thankful for his patience and encouragement. Matt works so hard to provide for our family and I thank him just about every day that I can stay home with Ryan.

3. I'm so thankful for our sweet and loving families. They have been so supportive of us this year and we are so blessed to have them in our lives. They love and adore Ryan so much.

4. I am thankful for our church and our friends. We love our church and are so blessed with great friends from our church.

5. I am thankful to know God as my Lord and Savior. He is always with us and never forsakes us. How wonderful is it to know that we have a friend and Savior who loves us more than we can think or ever imagine.
5 Things I Want To Improve in 2010

1. I want to be a better wife and mommy. This year has brought alot of changes. Before I had Ryan I tried to imagine what it would be like to be a mom. I learned it's alot harder than it looks. It's challenging and rewarding at the same time. Some days it was hard and I felt like I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Matt would come home and I would take my frustrations out on him. I would apologize later but I knew I shouldn't take it out on him. I want to cherish every day this year with Ryan. I want to be more accepting of Matt's way of doing things. I'm way too critical if he does things a different way than I do.

2. I want to be a better Christian and grow my relationship with Christ. Since Ryan was born I haven't made more time to spend with God. I want to read His word more and sit at His feet and listen and learn. I know He has so many things he wants to share with me. I just need to slow down and take more time to spend with Him. I'm very excited about Ladies Bible Study at church that will begin soon.

3. I want to be healthier this year. I do well working out and usually workout 4-5 times a week. My biggest hurdle in losing weight is what I put in my mouth. I LOVE sweets and love all the things that are bad for you (corn dogs, french fries, pizza, coke). I want to make better food choices this year. I need to lose these last few baby pounds and then some. I have 8 lbs to go to my prepregnancy weight and then I need to lose 20 more. My goal is to workout 5-6 days a week and lift weights to tone up.

4. I want to do more for others this year. Soon Ryan will be at that age where he will want to do exactly what we do and I want to be the best example I can for him. I want him to grow up serving and praying for others.

5. I want to be better about staying on our monthly budget. Matt does our budget every month and then sends it to me for "approval". Before the month begins I will tell him what needs I am expecting for the month like haircuts, clothes for Ryan, gift for b-days, date night etc. I hate budgets but I know it's the best thing for our family. I am SO blessed to have a husband who loves doing the budget each month. I need to be better about not going over the budget with surprise purchases. Obviously I'm the spender in our family so it's easy for me to find something we "need". But that's no excuse, I need to be better about staying on budget.

So there you have em. At dinner on New Year's Eve Matt and I had an annual review of 2009 and set some goals for 2010. It was great to discuss this past year and look forward to a great new year.

No comments: