Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day and Happy Birthday Mom!

We've had a very snowy day here in Cincy. The snow started falling about 9am and hasn't stopped since. Matt headed off to work early to beat the snow. I was so thankful and happy I could stay home and not have to get out in the snow! I HATE driving in the snow and don't do it unless I have to. Even when I was working I was fortunate I could work from home on snow days.
I just have to laugh at this picture! It was the first photo once in position and he just looked at the snow. I couldn't get him to smile for anything.

Ryan, like most babies, naps better when we are home. So today since we were snowed in I had hoped he would nap really well and I could get some housework done. Ryan had other plans. He only took about a 30 min. nap this morning and this afternoon only napped for a little over an hour. He just wasn't in the mood to nap today.
This afternoon I did take Ryan outside to get a few pics of him in his first real snowfall. He just kinda looked at me like "ok, why am I sitting out here in the cold with all this white stuff everywhere". My sweet neighbor of ours let me borrow their baby sled. It's so cute and just perfect for Ryan. I pulled him around some and he seemed to really like it. Maybe we will "play" in the snow a little tomorrow!

And a Big Happy Birthday to my Mom today! We love you Nana and hope you had a great birthday! Make sure Granddad takes you to a nice restaurant to celebrate! We love you!!!

2 comments:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

so cute! I was about to ask you where the sled came from, but I guess you don't know!

Summer said...

I will ask my neighbor where she bought it and get back to you! It's really fun!