Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Planning and Mommyhood

I am such a type A person! I love being on a schedule and having a "plan" for the day. I like to keep a calendar and I love to make lists. One thing I've learned over the past 7 months is planning and mommyhood don't always go hand in hand. And that's okay!!!
I love taking pics of Ryan! Some days I put Ryan in an adorable outfit, get him in position and he's just not having it. Or I get him all ready and as soon as I take his bib off he spits up all over his outfit! Can I get an Amen? Does this happen to anyone else? Ha!

Or the other day I was holding Ryan, packing his diaper bag, getting ready to walk out the door and he spits up all over me AND him! And did I change clothes??? Nope I just wiped it off and made sure you couldn't see any stains (I had on a black shirt and put on a scarf)!
Then there are days I have a full list of household things I plan to get done during naptime and Ryan refuses to nap! Somedays I have a list, he naps well and I get nothing done, ha!

Mommyhood has so taught me to just go with the flow. Now I will tell I have a ways to go but it's a work in progress. Even if nothing goes the way I think it should I absolutely cherish every moment with Ryan!

3 comments:

Lesli said...

yes, this was hard for me to learn at first... your day is ALWAYS planned around your little ones...nothing ever goes as planned.. we went to the beach last year and came home after two days..lol...but I wouldnt have it any other way..it is definitely worth it and like you, I am loving every moment of it!

Summer said...

I sooo have a TYPE A personality!! LOL
I make a grocery list that is written out according to the aisles at our local Kroger's LOL....

Yep, we have all been there! You just learn with little ones nothing ever really goes as planned....I am loving every minute of it :0) !

Oh and girl yes I have sooo wiped my shirt of spit up, and walked out the door only to find out I reaked of baby vomit....LOL

Summer :0)

Amanda said...

I am the same way! However, you think it is bad now...just wait until you have 3!!!!