Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Adventures

We finally got some decent weather on Saturday so we decided to take advantage and take Ryan for walk around the neighborhood. Boy was it nice to get out and get some fresh air! I miss taking him for walks outside. I'm so ready for spring it's ridiculous! I absolutely can't wait for warmer weather when I can take Ryan to the park and swing on the swing set (of course the baby swing that is)! I just know he's gonna love swinging!
Annabelle and Gracie went on the walk with us. They were also grateful for some fresh air! Ryan enjoyed watching the ducks and swans at the neighborhood pond! He is becoming more and more aware of his surroundings!
Saturday night we went to dinner at PF Changs. Ryan did well and we enjoyed a yummy dinner. Towards the end of our meal Ryan got a little fussy so Matt picked him up and held him. He was content. I offered to hold him so Matt could finish up his meal. Matt picked him up to pass him across the table and that's when I saw what no mom wants to see!!! He had blown through his diaper and poop was all over his back under his onesie!! Oh my, what do we do is all I could think. I laughed. Matt wasn't laughing but I knew he would later!

I didn't have a change of clothes so it didn't seem logical to change him there. So what did we do? Well, Matt took Ryan to the car, he was starting to have a little odor. The couple at the table next to us kept saying what a happy and smiley baby Ryan was. Ha, If they only knew! I paid the bill and we headed home! When we got home we got him in the bath and cleaned him up! I thought it was hilarious and a few hours later Matt found the humor as well! I'm sure it will be one of those stories we will remember for a long time!
What an adventurous weekend!!!

5 comments:

Summer said...

Ryan is just precious! I love his cute outfit! I can't wait for spring either! I am starting to get cabin fever LOL! We took Kelcee out for a bit to ride her scooter she got for Christmas but it didn't last long it was in the 50's here but still windy and chilly....so we went back in!

Girl we have all experienced the "blow out"!! Yep the hubby's never really think it is as funny as we do....they see the humor later....

Ryan is such a smiley baby :0) Just precious
Have a Great Day
Summer :0)

Anonymous said...

What a little man!! Your Ryan is quickly moving from baby to little boy. - Teresa

Eric and Katherine Brown said...

He looks so grown up in these pictures, and getting cuter and cuter by the day!!!

Angela said...

cute big boy outfit- he looks great in blue! Love the pottery barn chair he is in!
You would think that after similar experiences like yours, I would learn to carry xtra changes of clothes, but this morning I found myself without even so much as a kleenex in my car! So much for "livin' and learning!"

Summer said...

Thanks ya'll! His pottery barn chair was his big gift for Christmas! It's one of those things I hope we can keep for a long time and remember he got it on his first Christmas!

I don't think I can possible carry anything else in my diaper bag so I've decided to "stash" my extra outfit in the car! Hopefully we won't need it but it will be there if we do!