Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting my fit on

Today I finally got Ryan's 7 month pictures with his bear. He is getting so big and little harder to take his picture. I know, I know, just wait til he won't even sit still for me right! At least right now he will sit for me but as you can see he wants to grab things around him. I get him to smile but just briefly and I can't get the camera ready in time. It's still cute to get him grabbing the paper.
This morning I did cardio resistance training and it was great. Hope I will be able to walk tomorrow, ha! I am still losing weight and have just 6 lbs to go til I reach my prepregnancy weight. The short term goal is within reach however, like most women I want to lose even more weight.
Here's what I've been doing to shed those baby pounds. I workout 5 days a week (my goal is 5-6). I run/walk on the treadmill 4 days (1 hour) and cardio resistance training 1 day a week. I do intervals when I run so it keeps my heart rate up. I don't usually like doing my workout but I love the way I feel afterwards. I know the payoff will be worth it when I reach my goal.
I love sweets and sugars, that's no secret! I've been trying to make better and healthier food choices. I count calories too so I can keep track of how much I eat and how much I need to work off. I think one thing that has helped is we are eating at home more.

What are your tips and tricks for weight loss?

5 comments:

Summer said...

Ryan is such a cutie :0)
WOW you are motivating me to shed some lbs once I get off these steroids....

I love that pic of Ryan grabbing the sign....

I remember when Kelcee was that age and I could hardly get a good pic and NOW I have to just click the camera as she is running....LOL....

Summer :0)

Angela said...

I am so jealous of you and your weight loss! When we moved we had to give up our basement, so that means no treamill or eleptical for us. Hence, I am struggling to find something to do for weight loss while keeping up with 2 toddlers. I am curious to see if you get any good advice for weight loss. Good job Summer!

Kelly M said...

Wow Summer! You're amazing!

Summer said...

I do have Jullian Michael's 30 day shred! I've only done it a few times and only done level 1 but it's good and I know people that say it really works if you stick with it Also, I love The Firm workout videos. They are really good and work you hard!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.