Thursday, June 24, 2010

Playtime and cake

Love this picture of Ryan I took today. He looks like such a big boy. I can't believe how fast he is growing right before our eyes.
Today we had a fun lunch with a couple of my girlfriends. I'm trying to think of more things to feed him besides chicken and grilled cheese sandwiches, ha. This morning we tried some oatmeal peaches and cream. Ryan hated it, but thankfully he like yogurt.
He had a blast playing with this random bucket at the pool the other day so I picked up one at the store today. He loved it and wouldn't put it down. I love that when he finds something he really likes he drags it around everywhere and doesn't let go. So cute!

Tonight we had Bible study with our small group and I was in charge of snack. Last night Kelly posted a recipe for Chocolate Chip Pound Cake and I thought it sounded perfect for small group. I picked up the ingredients today and it was so easy to make! Here is the recipe!

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Ingredients: 1 yellow cake mix (you can also use chocolate cake mix)
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
1 16 oz sour cream
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegtable oil
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Mix ingredients together. Preheat oven to 350. Grease bundt pan. Mix together ingredients and pour in pan. Bake for one hour then cool.
Top with powdered sugar! (my favorite part)
This was so yummy and a big hit. The only thing that would make it better would be some vanilla ice cream! I will definitely be making this again!

No comments: