Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One Year Check-up

Our morning started out VERY early here in the Deepe house! Ryan was very fussy yesterday and I suspected his ear infection was lingering around. He fused off and on throughout the night. Poor baby! He woke up at 5:30 crying and fusing. Now I know many kids get up this early many mornings but this was a shock to my system when Ryan doesn't usually wake until after 8am.
Since we were up so early we went for an early morning wagon ride. The weather was perfect.
We have a pond in our neighborhood with a resident swan, some geese and some ducks. They usually don't disturb you but apparently someone has been feeding them because as soon as we got close to the pond they started swarming us. I was worried they might attack Ryan or me so we dodged them in the grass. Makes me mad since there are signs not to feed them (they are fed a diet of swan, geese and duck food). They followed us all the way around the pound. Oh my!
Today was Ryan's one year check-up. Here are his stats: 22lbs 9oz (50%), 30.5 inches tall (75%) and his head is 75%. We think his weight might be a little under 50% because of his ear infections. He is doing well and right on track. He is crawling and cruising around furniture, just like he should. Someone just told me the other day that the average age babies walk is 15 months. I think he will walk between 13 and 14 months. He will walk when he's ready. Our ped wants to see Ryan say more words so we are going to be working on that. So blessed and thankful for a healthy and beautiful baby!
Now for the not so well check-up. Ryan still has an ear infection in his right ear. Poor Baby!!! Sine his ear is not draining with the plethora of anti-biotics we have been given we are being sent to the ear, nose and throat doctor (ENT). I HATE that Ryan will more than likely have to have tubes but I am glad that hopefully he will not have any more ear infections. We were supposed to pick up his anti-biotic number 1,287 this afternoon but when I got to the pharmacy it wasn't there, ugh! My ped was supposed to fax it in. I'm praying Ryan doesn't have a rough night again. I will be picking it up first thing in the morning.

Ryan did enjoy some yummy chick-fil-A after his check-up and shots. Then we played at the pool for a little while. I love pool days! He came home and took a 3 1/2 nap. Hope this poor little boy starts feeling better soon!


Angela said...

I am sure I have told you this before, but tubes are WONDERFUL!! Braden is on his 3rd set and Allison is on her 1st. Makes life MUCH easier when you aren't parenoid about ear infections all the time! He is so sweet- I can hardly remember 1st year checkups- my baby has her 2year checkup this week! Growing fast!

Brittany said...

Chick-fil-a makes anyone feel better!!

Christi said...

I am lovin' Ryan's little "farmer's tan"...so cute!