Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lunch date and a prayer request

I am happy to report that Ryan is still sleeping til at least 8:30 in the morning. The past 2 nights we have put him down at his usual 7pm bedtime. He plays in his crib for a while then falls asleep. His eating schedule is changing. He is drinking less formula and more table food. This afternoon he took a nap from 2:30 to 5 so I skipped his 4 pm bottle and he was just fine. He ate great at dinner.
This is one of Ryan's favorite things to do. He LOVES his thumb and usually will grab his sleeve with his right arm at the same time. It's funny and adorable. I know it's cute now but I think we need to ask the doctor about when we should start trying to wean him off the thumb. For now it's what soothes him and I'm ok with that.
This afternoon we met Anissa and Elizabeth at Mimi's for lunch. I LOVE Mimi's. I can't wait to go again when my family comes in town. It was yummy and the kids had a great time. I can't believe how big they are getting. I love having sweet friends to do lunch with, such a blessing!
My heart was pricked a couple months ago when I read Megan's story HERE. I want to tell you about Megan's sweet baby Cohen who needs your prayers. At 22 weeks Megan and Brent found out they that their sweet little baby boy has CHD, Congenital Heart Defect. He has four defects to be exact; four defects that individually are manageable, but that together are very rare and very dangerous.
Megan gave birth to Cohen yesterday and both did well. Cohen has a long road ahead of him with many heart surgeries. The first of which is tentative to take place on Wednesday. Please pray for Megan and Brent as they walk this unfamiliar journey and especially for Baby Cohen. We serve a God who is the Great Physician and He can do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.

No comments: