Sunday, February 28, 2010

Busy and Fun Weekend

This weekend started off great with pizza on Friday night! I love a night when I don't have to cook or clean up the kitchen. Saturday Matt let me sleep in while he got up with Ryan and fed him breakfast and played with him. It was nice to get a little extra rest! I got a good run in while Ryan took his morning nap then left the boys to go run some errands baby-free.

I went by JoAnn Fabrics to pick up a few things for my new home decorating project I hope to start really soon. I still have a few rooms that I want to put window treatments in but didn't want to spend the money and time of getting it done. I was looking at The Nesting Place a blog dedicated to decorating your home in a stylish and affordable way. It totally inspired me to get crafty and do some of the treatments on these bare windows. I purchased my first glue gun, some fabric tacks and fabric tap, ha! I'm ready and can't wait for the challenge. I will be posting my crafty journey along the way.
Saturday night we went to Ribs King to enjoy a birthday dinner for Teresa and her sister Brenda aka Aunt Teresa and Aunt BB. It was lots of fun, lots of laughs and of course lots of yummy food.
We've been trying to teach Ryan how to hold his bottle.
All I have to say about this picture is "My Dad is an engineer" HA!!!
We enjoyed a great sermon at church this morning and tonight we visited and took dinner to our sweet friends Laura and Matt who just had an adorable baby girl Olivia a few weeks ago. We had a busy and fun weekend. Now just looking forward to a great week!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Hey Summer,
Glad you were able to get some R&R on Saturday! I get my injection(chemo stuff) on Friday nights so the Hubs always lets me sleep in a bit on Saturday's! 9 o'clock is sleeping in for me LOL....How sweet of your hubby to let you sleep in :0).... I am glad it didn't snow to much so that you were able to get out and have some "mommy" time! I love that blog the nesting place....she has super cute ideas! I can't wait to see your project! Bet you will do great! It's fun to get crafty! We are starting to redo Kelcee's nursery/toddler room into a big girl room and I am super excited about it!
Glad you had fun with friends....Ryan looks so cute holding his bottle ha!ha!

Hope you have great week
Summer :0)