Monday, February 15, 2010

Eight Months Old

RYAN - YOU ARE EIGHTH MONTHS OLD TODAY!!!!

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO THIS MONTH???
  • You weigh 19lbs - and growing!
  • Your are wearing size 6-9 month clothes
  • You continue to be a great eater. You eat 3 meals a day. Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, fruit or veggie for lunch and veggie for dinner. You also have 4 bottles a day ranging from 4-8oz.
  • You eat puffs for a snack but your still working on your pincer grip
  • We introduced the sippy cup but you are more interested in chewing on it than drinking from it.
  • You still take 2 naps a day. Short nap in the morning and 2 hour afternoon nap.
  • You went on your first plane ride last week to visit "aunt" Rachel and Alex in Connecticut. You slept most of the time on the flight and charmed everyone!
  • You went swimming for the first time in CT and LOVED it. You loved kicking in the water! Watch out Michael Phelps, ha!
  • You are easily distracted when you eat and look around and sometimes you suck your thumb inbetween bits.
  • You got your first ear infection over the weekend ;( You were clingy on Saturday and just wanted to snuggle with momma or daddy. Today you seemed almost back to your happy self.
  • You are sitting so well and will roll over to your belly from sitting.
  • You are so close to crawling. You will get on all fours and rock but haven't got those arms and legs to move yet. We are always waiting with baited breath for that first crawl.
  • You still love your jumperoo and exersaucer
  • You love to babble and "talk" all the time. You've almost said momma and dadda a few times but we aren't counting it just yet.
  • You are showing your personality more and more every day. You love to smile and charm everyone around you.
  • The nursery workers at the church can't get enough of you and say you are such a joy and just the best baby.
(You love any kind of paper, making it a little hard to get your 8 month pics, ha)

This first year is flying by way to fast. I wish I could hit the pause button. You are becoming more precious every day. You steal a little piece of our hearts every day. You are the best thing that happened to your momma and daddy! We LOVE you so much.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Ryan is sooo stinkin cute girly! I love his little sweater vest! He looks like such a happy smiley baby!

That was such a sweet letter you wrote to him. He will cherish it when he is older....I think it is soooo important for children to know how loved they are....

Girl you had me take a trip down memory lane and I called my mom and Summer Bartholomew was who she named me after! She was Miss USA in like 1975 or 1976! I wasn't born until 1978! I thought she was pregnant with me win she won....but she wasn't yet but when she watched it and seen her and her name she said "I am naming my first child Summer" I said wow if I would have been a boy that would have been interesting....LOL....

Have a Happy Tuesday bloggy friend
Summer :0)