Thursday, February 11, 2010

Coffee Cake and MOPS

Last night I made this Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake for my MOPS today. No, it wasn't Paula Deen but it was still good! Ha! Here is the recipe.

CINNAMON SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE
Ingredients: 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions: Put cake and flour in bowl and mix. Measure out 2 Tbsp into a separate small bowl. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans to small bowl. Add sour cream, eggs, oil, water and vanilla to large bowl. Spoon half the batter into a bundt pan. Scatter half the contents of the small bowl onto batter. Pour the rest of the batter on top then the remaining sugar and cinnamon on top of batter.
Bake on 350 degrees for 52-55 min.

After making and eating some of the cake this morning I think it needs an icing on top. I found an icing/glaze recipe in my Paula Deen cookbook and here it is.

Mix together:
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract

This morning we went to MOPS and it was so good. Our speaker talked about family devotions. Matt and I read a short devotion at night for couples. I can't wait til Ryan is old enough to do devotions with him. We read Bible stories to him at night but of course his little mind doesn't quit comprehend them just yet. Do you do devotions with your kids and if so what do you do? Our speaker is all about hands on devotions. Taking an illustration and involving the kids with fun activities. It really helps bring home the message. I left being very encouraged to begin family devotions as soon as Ryan is old enough.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I love his cute sweater! He looks so grown up and that toothless grin is ADORABLE LOL!!

I think it is AWESOME to read bible stories to your little ones! I have since Kelcee was born! I don't think it is ever to early to teach them about Jesus!! I have the toddler bible which is more pictures than anything and she loves it....We sing Jesus Loves me and He's got the Whole World in His Hands everynight before bed (which she puts EVERYONE in his hands sooo that takes AWHILE) LOL....and say our prayers....it's so precious.... I can't wait to start doing devotions with Kelcee....

Have A Happy Friday my new Summer friend LOL....(It's so funny to type Summer)

Summer :0)