Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines Memories

When I think of Valentine's Day I don't have a specific memory really. Since we've been married we usually have a low key V-day and go to dinner and exchange cards. We usually don't even do gifts! It's a fun day to remind and tell your sweetheart how much you love and admire them!
My favorite memory of Valentines day was back in 2004 when Matt and I had just started dating long distance and I flew from Memphis to State College, PA to spend v-day with him. I had never been to PA. They had a ton of snow at the time and I remember saying "I've never seen this much snow, ha"! And really, I had never seen that much snow! Matt made a chocolate chip, peanut butter cheesecake for dessert and gave me a beautiful heart necklace. It was a wonderful Valentine's day and one I will never forget.
This year for Valentine's day my in-laws are coming over to babysit Ryan and we are going to dinner at one of our favorite Cincy places...Montgomery Inn. They have great ribs and awesome saratoga chips (kinda like fries/potato chips). I'm thinking we will go get coffee afterwards and just sit and chat, something we don't get to do enough. Looking forward to spending some sweet time with my sweetie!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Awww you guys are sooo cute and you are sooo rockin the Montomery Inn bibs....LOL

I'm with you on V-Day the best part is the card and snuggling with the hubs and watching a movie and we usually make a romantic dinner so we don't have to fight the crowds!!

Oh and girly I always get asked if I was born in the Summer because of my name LOL....Oh and everyone always sings SUMMER BREEZE to me....LOL Do they sing that to you??

My mom was watching a beauty pageant when she was pregnant with me and one of the girls name was Summer.....Hmmmm wish that would have made me look that good LOL....

Have a great day Sweetie :0)
Happy Valentine's Day
Summer :0)