Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bible Study, Playdate and a Vet Visit

We finally made it back to Ladies Bible Study (LBS) this morning after it was snowed out the last 2 weeks. I have missed it and was glad to get back into the book of Esther. I learn so much from Beth Moore. She brings the scriptures alive. It's amazing how she brings things out that I wouldn't have even thought about. And the women in my LBS are just precious. They are all a little older than me with school aged kids. They are so sweet and just an inspiration and encouragement to me.
I only got a couple of pics of Ryan today but I know the Grandparents want to see them anyway! Ha!
After LBS when went to my friend Anissa's house for lunch and playdate. It was so nice and so fun to watch the kids play. Anissa made yummy potato soup and salad. I have been so blessed to have friends to connect with and just hang out with. And of course playmates for Ryan!
We headed home for naptime and Ryan was so tired. I didn't want him to fall asleep in the car, it makes it harder to get him to nap if he falls asleep in the car. Well, I kept him awake the entire ride home by singing nursery rhymes to him. And it worked, ha! His little eyelids were so heavy but he didn't succumb to his exhaustion. We went straight upstairs when we got home and he fell right to sleep as soon as I put him down! Bless him! And he slept for a good two hours!
This afternoon I had to take Annabelle to the vet for her rabies shot and her nails trimmed. Ryan was glad for once he wasn't the one getting the shot, ha! She checked out great but boy were my hands full. How do you moms with pets manage vet visits when you have a little one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post by the way! I have been thinking about bying Beth Moore's book and you just sooo sold me on it! I am going to order it today! Kelcee does the same thing in the car....she gets tired and I know if she goes to sleep she will not nap so I turn the DVD player on and sing all these songs...I'm sure driver's in other cars think I'm NUTSO LOL...

Ryan looks sooo cute on his little play date....

Funny you asked about vets! I had a very traumatizing experience when Kelcee was two! I have only taken her that one time LOL...I am scared to do that to myself again....We have a cat named Lucy and Lucy meow-ed (is that a word) the whole way to the Vet and Kelcee kept saying Lucy is singing which was super cute except the vet trip was 25 min away LOL....we arrived and I had a carrier and a two year old, diaper bag, we headed in and this gigantic Great Dane decided that he didn't like cats soooo that was um interesting.....Then Kelcee seen the fishy tank and the kitten exhibit...and when they called our names um she didn't want to leave....she cried ALOT...and then she didn't want to wait on the vet....My cat decided she was going to pee in the cage yep that was GREAT!! Sooo they cleaned my kitty up and we went to check out and the receptionist was on the phone and Kelcee was crying the cat meowing and the lady was shooting me looks....I finally checked out....and decided Greg takes Lucy to the vet until Kelcee is 10 LOL....

Have a Great Day
Sorry this is sooo long
Summer :0)

Summer said...

I have no idea why I showed up Anonoymous...
LOL