Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day and Little Ears

Last night Matt and I had a Valentines day date night. My in-laws came over to babysit Ryan while we enjoyed a night out. We headed to Montgomery Inn for dinner. It was yummy! After dinner we went to Borders to look around and get coffee. It was nice to enjoy dinner and some time just to ourselves. I picked up the new Beth Moore book "So Long Insecurity"! I'm so excited to start it. Matt bought "Eat This, Not That". The book is full of eye opening facts about foods you should avoid and foods that are better choices.
When we woke up this morning I thought we would be heading to church then home for a relaxing Sunday. Not exactly how things went. Ryan woke up this morning not his happy self. Matt noted he was fussy during breakfast and didn't drink much of his bottle. I was upstairs getting ready for church. I came down and noticed Ryan was really warm. At first I thought it was his teeth but I had a feeling it was something more. We took his temp and he had a fever of 101. Poor baby! You could just tell he felt bad. We decided to go ahead and head to urgent care. They are calling for 5-8 inches of snow by morning and I didn't want to fight that taking Ryan to the dr so we headed to urgent care.
At urgent care the doctor confirmed that Ryan has an ear infection. Bless his little heart! The cool thing was the doctor is a mom from my MOPS group. She's a sweetheart and was so sweet with Ryan. It was nice to see a familiar face.
I've enjoyed snuggling with him today. He's been really clingy to momma! He's sleeping a lot and still has a little fever. I'm hoping he feels better tomorrow!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous V-Day!! I love that sweater....
I am thinking about buying the Beth Moore book! I want it so I prob will just go ahead and get it....
How crazy is that....we are named after the same SUMMER!! When I tell that story about how I was named people look at me funny, LOL....I am glad you can relate :0)

I will keep Ryan in my prayers....Hope he recovers quickly....Have a great day....
Summer :0)