Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weekend in Connecticut

Our weekend started on Friday with Ryan and I flying to Connecticut to visit our friends. My best friend Rachel lives in Oxford with her husband Eric and adorable 21 month old son Alex. (Baby #2 will arrive in just a few weeks!) I was worried how Ryan would do on his first flight. Our flight was delayed an hour but I had everything planned and laid out to feed him on the plane and hope he would nap. We walked the terminal before boarding, he's good as long as we are moving. He did awesome!!! He took a bottle as we were taking off then napped for a good hour, woohoo! The flight was an hour and half. The last 30 min he was just content in my lap playing with my fingers and his toes. So proud of my big boy!
We got to Rachel's house and relaxed and let the boys play. They are so cute together.
Alex loved showing Ryan his toys and things. Ryan was just enamored with Alex and would just stare at him. It was really cute. You could tell he was studying him and trying to figure this little person out. Alex is going to be such a good big brother. He wanted to play with him and know where he was all the time. If Ryan was napping he would say "Ryun - that's what he called him - where are you". It was the cutest and sweetest thing. Love him so.
Saturday we took the boys to swimming lessons at the Y. Ryan LOVED it. It was his first time in the pool and he was a natural water baby. He just kicked and played in the water. No fear at all! He had the best time. I can't wait to take him to the pool again. So excited our gym has an indoor pool.
Saturday night we had a 30th birthday party for Raych. She's so cute sporting her 36 week baby belly. She looked amazing but she's ready for this baby to be here. They don't know what they are having and everyone is dying to know what it is. My guess is boy but I would love for her to have a girl since she has a boy. It's so funny how I know so many of their friends since I've met them a few times at their wedding and showers. It was soooo fun and such a good party. The Tichy's know how to through a good party ;)
Alex totally thought the party was for him. Lots of kids where there for him to play with. As we were singing Happy Birthday Alex was just smiling and looked so excited. He totally thought it was all for him. So cute! Such a great and fun night!
We flew back yesterday afternoon and Ryan did wonderful on the flight home. We boarded the plane and took our seat. The flight attendant came by and said I could move to seat 3BC if I wanted so of course I said, heck yeah! I made my way to the front of the plane and realized we were sitting in the very first row with no one beside us (I think it's called bulk head). I was thrilled, we had the best seat on the flight. Ryan took a bottle as we took off. He played a little then fell fast asleep for the remainder of the flight. He even stayed asleep during landing. So so so glad he did great and was a terrific flyer! Rock on! He's just the sweetest boy and I just love him to pieces!
We had such a wonderful and fun weekend. Now I must get reaquainted with my washer and dryer, ha!

5 comments:

Summer said...

Yay for Ryan doing an AWESOME job on the plane! Girl you are lucky he did soooo well and napped an hour....Yipee....

You look to cute in those pics....
Ryan is Adorable...
Glad you had fun

Your friend has the cutest baby bump....when I was pregnant girl I was pregnant all over LOL....

Oh and on your last post I love Big Sexy Hairspray....

Summer :0)

Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

These girls that don't find out what they are having drive me crazy!! How do they do it??

Summer said...

I know Summer, I was huge ALL over, ha!

I know Angela, I told Raych I think she should have found out with this one. They were surprised with Alex as well and we all thought she was having a girl. With this one she looks and feels different but I still think it's a boy but we'll see soon. She's due March 4 but Alex was 2 weeks early so we shall see!