Saturday, June 18, 2011

Two Years

Dear Ryan,

You are TWO years old! I cannot believe it has been two years since I first held you in my arms and stared into your big brown eyes. Two years since you stole all our hearts!

My heart swells with love every time I look at you! You make me so proud to be your Momma! You are so smart and so funny! You always have us laughing at something new or funny your doing. You have such a sweet and gentle spirit. I'm so proud that you are kind hearted!

You are very strong willed and can be stubborn - typical first born. You definitely test us and we definitely have our moments. You can be very hard headed! We are all learning to be patient with each other. We have so much to teach you and I know you will teach us too along the way.


I love that you love to go to church and sing about Jesus. You get so excited when we sing Jesus Loves Me, The Wheels on the Bus and The Itsy Bitsy Spider.

You have this sparkle in your eye and you always put a smile on our faces. You love to help and you are such a good helper. I just know you are going to be a great big brother. You already practice by putting your stuffed animals in the baby swing and being so gentle rocking the. We cannot wait for you to meet you little brother.


Your vocabulary is growing and increasing every day! You like to tell us the names of your friends. You will also try to tell us what you are pointing to and what you want. The light switch to your vocabulary has finally gone off and you are saying new things all the time. You are understanding more and more what we say to you!

You are such a good sleeper and we hope your little brother takes after you! Some days you let us sleep in til around 9am and you take a good afternoon nap. Even if you don't go to sleep when we put you to bed you play so well in your bed until you fall asleep.

Your daddy and I love you so very much sweet boy! We look forward to many more fun years with you!

I was a little sad when we took your last "monthly" picture today in your chair! We might just have to take here and there just for memory sake!

No comments: