Monday, June 20, 2011

38 Weeks

I'm 38 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 38 Weeks
Size of baby: Colton is around 6.8 lbs
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 18 lbs
Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans and pants but everything else is regular. I'm down to just a few things I can still fit into. ha!
Gender: It's a boy!!!! Colton Matthew Deepe
Movement: He is VERY active - especially in the afternoon and at night. Lately I think he has run out of room because he isn't moving as much. This little boy is going to be long! For the last week or so he has been shoving his foot in my rib and it's been so painful!
Sleep: Sometimes I sleep well and other nights I don't sleep at all! I can't get comfortable and I just have insomnia. I keep dreaming about having Colton and wondering when he is going to arrive.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, bending over! Being able to do anything - I can barely get around at this point.
Cravings: I've lost my appetite lately - I think maybe my stomach has run out of room?
Symptoms: I'm 9 months pregnant - I'm huge, I waddle and I can barely move. I can't bend over or get comfortable in any position. Lots of pressure and braxton hicks. BUT I'm SO thankful for this pregnancy and I'm trying to enjoy the very end.
Best Moment this week: Just feeling Colton move so much and hearing his heartbeat at the doctor. He feels like he is doing complete flips in my stomach. I'm SO anxious to see him!

I had my 38 week appointment on Friday and I am still barely one cm dilated. I was completely bummed! I totally thought the doctor was going to tell me I was like 2 or 3 cm. He said we probably won't be having a baby within the next week but the hope is that by my next appointment this Friday I will be more dilated and Colton will arrive before his due date. I am specifically praying that I am 2 cm on Friday!

I know Matt is probably getting so tired of me complaining about everything but I am so ready to be done with this pregnancy and hold little Colton. I'm ready to be myself again and take care of my family! I'm SO thankful for this pregnancy and trying to enjoy it to the very end.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Look how good you look Summer you are all baby girl you look amazing! Happy late birthday to Ryan and I can't wait to see baby pics of Colton! I just love that name BTW!

xoxo
Sums