Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ryan's 2nd Birthday Party

Ryan's actual birthday is not until Wednesday the 15th but we celebrated today. Ryan's 2nd birthday party was a Mickey Mouse theme at The Little Gym. This was his invitation!

I'm so sad my parents and brother weren't able to be there since they will be coming in a few weeks when Colton is born. We missed them terribly but will definitely celebrate when they see him.

We were so blessed to have so many of our family and friends at the party. It was so nice to have Ryan's party at a fun place and not our house. I didn't have to clean before or after or stress too much. We just showed up with cupcakes and cookies and the rest was done. I hope all the kids had fun - I know Ryan had the BEST time!
Ryan didn't want to leave my side at first but he eventually warmed up to all the fun. Ryan played so hard running around the gym while Matt and I took pictures and videos. I was thankful to have his Papou and Yaya to play and chase after him.

Will showing off some of his gymnastic skills on the even bars! Ha! Will is in Tumblebees with Ryan so they are used to running around the gym.

We had a small injury and a little blood. Ryan stubbed his toe at the pool the other day and it must have opened up again because his toe started bleeding. Poor kid didn't understand he needed to keep the band-aid on.


The kids loved the blow up trampoline! Big hit!

Ryan is just crazy about his Dada! He says Dada only about 100 times a day!

We "tried" to get a group picture but getting a group of kids under the age of 3 was impossible. This was the best we could do. Ha! Just shows you true life right!

Always a favorite - bubbles!!! or as Ryan calls them "pop pops".

Ryan was completely obsessed with the blower they use to blow up the trampoline. Here are all the fun "toys" to play with and he picks the blower machine! Ha!

Snack Table

I made chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Honestly it didn't take me long and they taste much better than store bought! Love the cupcake toppers I found on Etsy! I will definitely find a way to use them again!

Of course I had cookies for everyone to snack on!

The kids enjoying pizza and food!

Ryan wouldn't eat any of his pizza and was completely obsessed with his capri sun. I never give him a juice box so he was in heaven. (I dilute his apple juice in a sippy cup) He was even picking up other capri suns that kids weren't drinking.

Singing Happy Birthday to Ryan and blowing out the candle. I don't think he ever REALLY realized it was HIS birthday party. Ha!

He takes his cupcake eating serious! This was probably Ryan's favorite part of his party! Any time he sees cake or cupcakes (even pictures) he goes nuts but he only gets them every few months. I told him yesterday he could have a cupcake at his party and he was thrilled.

My two favorite and handsome guys!

Cookie favors for the kids!

I'm so glad we got a family picture right before we left. Love this picture even though we were so hot and Ryan has cake all over his face. I will treasure it forever! This could be our last photo as a family of 3!!!! Wow, that's hard to believe!

It was such a fun day and we are so blessed to have such awesome friends and family!!!!!!
I'm exhausted!!!
I can't believe I have an almost two year old!

3 comments:

kimmie said...

How fun!!! Looks like Ryan had a great time!!!! Maddox's party is tomorrow evening, it's funny, when i read your post, i am usually always thinking the same as you. I don't feel prepared for his party b/c i haven't had to stresss about it!! Love it!!! I can't believe our boys are almost 2!!!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your invitation from? I love it and am getting ready to host a Mickey themed 2nd birthday for my son.

Unknown said...

Ryan's 2nd Birthday Party is eye catching. I showed these photos to my little son and he laughed a lot. He loves orange color so now asking for this theme for his upcoming birthday bash. If anyone here knows about one of the kids’ party San Francisco venues, please let me know.