Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Birthday Eve

I remember Sunday, June 14 like it was yesterday! I was 39 weeks pregnant with Ryan and I woke up with different and strong contractions. I had been having contractions for the previous few days but I knew these were the real deal and it was time to head to the hospital!

I timed my contractions in bed and after about 30 minutes I woke Matt up and told him we should head to the hospital! We arrived at the hospital Sunday afternoon around 2 and I was 80% effaced and 3 cm dilated. After observing me for an hour I wasn't progressing so they sent us home. We got home and my contractions quickly started getting stronger.

By 8pm I told Matt I thought we needed to go back to the hospital. I was in some major pain. The pain was so strong it made my toes curl! We got the dogs situated and headed back to the hospital knowing we would welcome our son into the world very soon!

I cannot believe that was two years ago! Where does the time go? I've been told that the time goes even quicker with your second child. I want to cherish this time and wish I could freeze those sweet moments. It's hard for me not to get teary eyed thinking these are the last few days that Ryan and I have together just the two of us. I am SO excited to welcome Colton in our family but Ryan has been my WORLD for the past two years!
This morning we headed to the pool to enjoy some sun and fun! Ryan just has the best time playing in the water. It was the 70's so there was hardly anyone there! It was nice to basically have the pool to ourselves!

Such a fun day just my boy and I! Even though we have our trying times with his business and selective hearing, I never get enough of him!


Everyone always comments on how much Ryan smiles and how happy he is! I hope he never loses that! Every time I walk into his room after he wakes up he always has the best smile on his face. He is the light in our lives. We are so blessed to have such a sweet boy.

No comments: