Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nursery Tour

Even though we are officially still waiting on Colton's dresser and Ryan's chest to come in I wanted to go ahead and post about Ryan's new room and Colton's nursery. When I had Ryan we didn't know if he was a boy or girl so we went with a gender neutral theme with green and brown walls! Since we know Colton is a boy this time around I was excited to make his nursery more boyish!

I love that I have Colton's name on his bedding! Matt keeps saying "what are you gonna do if it's a girl". I say we will be just as thrilled and she will have lots of blue things, ha! I'm fairly confident he is really Colton!

I ordered the bedding from Polka Tot Designs and I absolutely LOVE it! It is so pretty and I hope he enjoys it as much as I do. I have always loved blue and brown so I knew I wanted to do his nursery in blues and brown. Plus that meant I only had to paint half of the walls.

I love his crib too! I'm excited that it's a convertible crib (it converts to a toddler and full size bed) and will hopefully last a long time.

When I ordered his bedding I also ordered a pillow and blanket in the same fabric! I'm so glad I did! They are adorable! I love Colton's new room and I can't wait for him to be in it!

I still need to get drapes. I'm going with just plain chocolate brown drapes. His dresser/changing table matches Ryan's dresser/changing table. It will go where the basket on the left is.

Ryan moved to the bedroom next door to the nursery. It has been a very easy transition and he has done fantastic. This picture is looking into his room from the doorway. I will eventually have a scripture painting done for over his dresser. And the chest we ordered will go on the opposite wall of the dresser.

The comforter in the rocking chair is for his big boy bed. I love the pattern and think it goes great with the walls and furniture. Not sure when he will move into a big bed. We are keeping him in his crib as long as we can. Why change what's working!

So there are the Deepe boys' rooms! That's a mouth full, ha! They are still a work in progress but I really love how they are coming along.

3 comments:

kimmie said...

Love it!!! I really love Colton's bedding!! I got my inspiration bedding off of Polka Tot Designs and had my Mom copy it!! I love their stuff!! Its different from the typical nursery bedding! We are getting really close!!! Can't wait!!

Angela said...

Cute, cute! Love all the monagraming! I have everything monagrammed these days, from bedding to swimsuits!
Love that Pottery Barn pattern- it's in Braden's room and it is so easy to match with everything!

Kelly M said...

Summer, Colton's bedding is just great! And both boys' rooms look perfect for them. You've done a great job!