Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Ryan!!!

Today Ryan turned TWO years old! I cannot believe I really have a two year old! Where have the past two years gone? You bring us so much joy every day and we are so proud to be your mom and dad!

This morning Ryan blessed us with sleeping til 9am. So love that he is such a good sleeper! I'm not sure I'm ready to be up in the middle of the night and early in the morning with a newborn. I hope he teaches his little brother how the sleeping needs to go around here, haha! I walked in Ryan's room this morning and he was his usual smiley self. I sang happy birthday to him and he told me he was "two" today!

Ryan loves his new table and chairs we got him for his birthday! I see many crafts and projects being done at this table!

We decided to take Ryan to get a doughnut for a little birthday treat this morning. I'm pretty sure it was his first doughnut! He weren't too sure about the glazed doughnuts but he loved the strawberry frosted with sprinkles doughnut! I think because it looks like a cupcake, his favorite sweet, ha!

After doughnuts we took Ryan to play at recreations outlet. It's a place they sell outdoor swingsets and have a whole play place set up inside for kids to play on. We had planned to take him to the sprinkler park but it was pouring down rain! He played for a good hour and just had a blast running around.

Ryan played some basketball with daddy!

And really enjoyed the roller coaster!

He had so much fun playing until you wore yourself out! We took him to Red Robin for lunch and he was ok. Sometimes I wonder why we take him out to eat because it can be so hard sometimes but for some reason I always have high hopes that he will be good. Alot of times he is really good but other times not so much! I think today he was just wore out from playing so hard. Thank goodness he came home and took a good nap.

Tonight Aunt Erin, Uncle Brad, Gail and Randy came over to have birthday dinner with us. Ryan had fun showing everyone his new toys and having so much attention. We grilled hamburgers with corn on the cob and baked beans for dinner. After dinner we sang happy birthday to Ryan and he got to eat his cupcake. Of course that was his favorite part of the night, ha!

It was such a fun day and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful and sweet little boy.

Ryan,
For the past two years you have been a true gift! Your smile lights up our lives! We think you are the cutest thing in the world and I don't think we could ever give you enough hugs and kisses. You are not perfect but you are OURS and we love you so much!

I can't wait to see what the next few weeks, months and years hold and watch you grow and change. I am treasuring these last few days with you as my only child. I know that you are going to adore you little brother Colton and I pray that you will be best friends. I can't wait to watch you as a big brother.

Happy birthday sweet boy! We love you SO much!!!!

No comments: