Sunday, June 5, 2011

Show Us Your Life -Appetizer - Chili's Queso Dip

I must first give a big shout out to my friend Amber over at This Mommy Cooks. She is having her sweet baby girl Tate today! She already has two boys and I am just so thrilled for her to welcome a girl!!!!

I found this recipe on her blog (it's my go-to recipe blog) and it is honestly the closest thing I have ever tasted to the real queso dip at Chili's! If you need a great appetizer recipe for your upcoming party you must try this one! Oh my it is so good!
Ingredients:
16 ounces Velveeta cheese
1 (15 ounce) can
Hormel no-bean chili
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin


Instructions:
Cut the Velveeta into cubes.
Combine the cheese with the remaining ingredients in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until cheese melts then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. *I made this early and thought it could simmer on the stove for awhile and be fine. Well it did taste fine, but it got thicker as it stayed on the stove. So I wouldn't recommend making it too far in advance. Maybe no longer than 45 min to an hour.

Serve with hot tortilla chips for dipping.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

GOTTA try this, too!! Keep the recipes a coming!! :) You look GREAT btw! miss you!

Tiff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.