Friday, May 20, 2011

Show Us Your Life- Main Dish Recipes

One of our favorite dinner meals around here is sweet and sour chicken! I got this recipe from my friend Amber over at thismommycooks. Matt loves it when I make this recipe and usually request it about every other week, haha! Its so yummy I made it on our vacation in April. All our friends loved it! Hope you enjoy!


Sweet and Sour Chicken
from My Kitchen Cafe
Chicken Ingredients:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch (flour works just about as well)
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

Directions to cook chicken:
Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg. Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through. Place in a single layer in a baking dish. Mix sauce ingredients (below) together and pour over chicken.

Sauce Ingredients:
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup regular white vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions to bake chicken:
Bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes. If you like extra sauce, make another batch of sauce and bring it to a boil on the
stove top. Stir constantly and let cook over medium heat until thickened and reduced - about 6-8 minutes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. My husband is going to be thrilled when I make this!

Amanda said...

This sounds yummy and super easy! Thanks for sharing!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Thanks for the shout out Summer!

Kelly M said...

Um, this looks delicious! I'll be adding it to our menu for the week. Except we might not have chicken. It looks like the sauce would be great for veggies. You know, since I'm cheap and chicken is expensive. :)Thanks for posting this!

Erin Branscom said...

that looks amazing! :) I can't wait to make it! I also became a follower of your blog! Erin


www.healthybranscoms.com

Lauren said...

I found this on Kelly's Korner, made it last night, and loooooved it. It was a big hit wither everyone! I'm already craving it again!

Thanks for sharing!

Amanda Bacon said...

I found this on Kellys Korner, and made it for the first time last night. It was so yummy! I was a bit skeptical at first, because the sauce was not thickening and sticking to the chicken. However, I turned my stove up to 375 and within the last twenty mins it turned out perfect. I also added in baby carrots and some pineapple chucks. It was really good, can't wait to make it again! Thanks for sharing!