Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fun Things

We've had some fun days around our house lately! The weather has been nice so we have played outside alot and Ryan loves playing with bubbles. He calls them pop pops! If he sees the bottle of bubbles he instantly starts saying pop pops, pop pops!

Last night I had a girls night with my MOPS girls and it was so much fun! Our amazing mentor mom Jayne cooked us dinner and we all brought sides and desserts. It was so yummy and so fun to hang out with some of my best girl friends! I highly encourage all new moms to get involved in MOPS in their area! I am so blessed to have these women in my life.

My hilarious friends Zahra, Leah and Krista!

My friend Leah and I

Megan, our awesome mentor mom Jayne and Heather!

A couple of other fun things I found recently! Saturday I ran some errands by myself and found these fun candles at bath and body works. I love that store and love having smelly soaps and lotions around the house. I love these two flavors! They will be so fun for summer!

Since I need to brush up on some stuff before Colton arrives I was searching for my Baby Whisperer book the other night and remembered that I gave it away to a friend. With Ryan I used both Babywise and Baby Whisperer techniques. I didn't follow either of these to the T but took away lots of good information from each that I used with Ryan.

Yesterday Ryan and I went to the bookstore to play (they have a fun train table and a little kitchen set). Ryan had a blast and I was able to not only pick up a new copy of baby whisperer but also these two books about toddlers. I've already started reading the chapter on "when baby makes four"! I loved both these books for babies/infants and I know I will get alot from these toddler books.

As you already know, I am completely obsessed with personalized burp clothes and onesies! I got these adorable clothes in the mail yesterday from Sew Dressed Up on non other than etsy.com! They are so cute and so fun! Love, love, love them!

I found this gem at the store the other day and I'm so looking forward to sitting down and reading it. I love Southern Living but haven't read it in years.

And of course this is my favorite "fun" thing right now. Ryan is so much fun right now! I love this age. We are communicating better as his words are increasing every day. I know we are both understanding each other better all the time. We still have tantrums but he understands now what I'm trying to say to him. He is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Awe, miss you GIRLS!!! love the post.. getting excited for little Colton's arrival!!! I can't wait to meet him!! Miss you and Ryan!! and Matt, too :)