Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Picnic in the Park

I'm glad to report I am on the mend from my illness. I feel so much better today, thank goodness! Ryan no longer has a fever and seems to be on the mend as well. He took 4 hours worth of naps today. He was one sleepy baby and I was one happy momma!
We decided to go to the park for lunch today and get some fresh air. It was beautiful out. Feeding Ryan wasn't as easy as I hoped. I've never tried to feed him just sitting, not in a high chair. It didn't work very well and I ended up putting him in the stroller to finish his food. We enjoyed playing on the blanket and watching all the people.
This afternoon I kept looking at Ryan and thinking "You are so big and such a little boy". I feel like my little baby has grown up on my over night. It's so weird!! He just looked so grown up to me today.
We had an amazing breakthrough at dinner! Ryan ate pears (fresh, not puree) and baked sweet potatoes (real potato chunks, not puree). Oh I am so proud of him! He was picking up the food and putting it in his mouth like a champ. He couldn't get enough. I didn't feed him his usual thing of baby food because he did so well eating table food! So proud of my big boy!!!

1 comment:

Summer said...

I am glad to hear you and Ryan are on the mend! Prayers answered!!

He does look all grown up in that outfit! So stinkin cute! Yay Ryan for eating table food like a big boy!

Girl I know whatcha mean, when I first attempted to feed Kelcee a picnic lunch when she was Ryan's age it didn't go exactly as planned either ha! It was super fun though!!

Looks like ya'll had a great time!!

xoxo
Summer :0)