Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter Sunday! The Lord has blessed us so much and we are so thankful for His life and His resurrection! Praise God for He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!!! Ryan woke up with a little stuffy nose and a yucky cough so we decided not to put him in the church nursery during Easter service. He lasted a little while then I took him out to the lobby and watched the service on the monitor out there. The service was great!
Ryan woke up to find his Easter basket. It was full of all kinds of goodies. He had easter eggs with puffs, cheerios, yogurt melts and marshmellows. Also in the basket was a duck in a rabbit outfit, a watering can, toy boat, toothbrush and toothpaste.
Ryan can't wait to play with his boat in the water.
He loved his basket and was fascinated by everything in it.
My sweet little boy and I Easter morning. I love Easter! It's totally one of my favorite holidays.
We came home after church and had a yummy Easter lunch of Ham, Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes, green beans, fruit salad and rolls. It was so yummy and for once we had just enough food and not many leftovers. I loved PW potatoes and my mom was so impressed by her recipe and how good they turned out.
Ryan took a long afternoon nap but was not feeling good when he woke up. I'm not sure if he was just overwhelmed with all the people at our house or just feeling sick but he would not let go of me for about an hour after he woke up. Finally he perked up and played and crawled everywhere. He had a great time playing with all his grandparents. We had a wonderful day and enjoyed out first Easter as a family of three!

1 comment:

Summer said...

What a cutie! I heart his sweater! I love the family pic...ya'll are so cute! His easter basket is fab and I am glad youhad a wonderful Easter as a family of three!

xoxo
Summer :0)