Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

I took Ryan to get his haircut on Monday! He needed just a little trim around the ears and just a shape up. It was quit traumatic and Ryan was not thrilled one bit. It was awful! He completely freaked and screamed the entire time. I'm thinking about taking him to my hair stylist next time and see if that helps. Thankfully it turned out cute and handsome.

We've had a revelation around here!!! Ryan can finally tell me "yes" and "no". Can I get a alleluia??? It's made things so much better when I ask him, 'Ryan, are you done eating? or Ryan do you want this or that?'. It's fantastic and I'm SO proud of him! His vocabulary is growing every day.

Here is a picture of Colton above and Ryan below! Ryan is 9 weeks old in this pic. As you can see they have the same outfit on. I think they look like brothers but they also have their own look. Colton's has more hair than Ryan did and it's darker.

Colton is on the verge of smiling at us. He smiled at me this morning but hasn't the rest of the day. Love a smiling baby! I love to listen to his coo especially in the morning. He is just the sweetest thing!
I bought a couple of canvas' and some paints the other day at hobby lobby with the hopes of getting both boys' hand/foot prints. I love doing little crafty projects like this!

I showed Ryan the paint and canvas and explained what we were going to do and he seemed to totally understand but when I went to paint his hand he wanted NOTHING to do with it. Oh well, guess we won't get his prints anytime soon.

It wasn't easy getting Colton's prints. He wasn't exactly cooperative and honestly it was a little tricky not getting paint all over the place. They aren't perfect but you know what, we got em. I'm going to add some ribbon to the canvas and hang it in his room.

No comments: