Friday, August 19, 2011

Last few days

Last night some of my girlfriends from MOPS got together to go see the movie The Help! It was SO good. I just finished reading the book this week and I loved it! I heard someone say last week that it's almost better than Steel Magnolias and I have to agree. It seriously is one of the best movies i've seen in a long time! I laughed, I cried, it was wonderful! Definitely a must see and must read!
The last few days have been pretty low key. Yesterday we had a stay at home day and I let Ryan play with play-doh for the first time. He wasn't sure what to do at first so I showed him how he can cut our animal shapes. He liked that and liked playing with the animals. He did try to eat it when I turned my back but he quickly realized it doesn't taste good, ha!

Before I had Colton I picked up a few small crafty things that Ryan can do to keep him busy. I found this crayola mess free color wonder kit. It comes with a spiral notepad and three markers. The markers only work on the special paper. Ryan absolutely loved it. He's not big on coloring but he loved these. He kept asking to color all afternoon.

This morning we headed to the zoo with some friends. I only took one picture the whole time. The picture below is of the manatee exhibit. We didn't stay long. It was HOT so we saw just a few animals and had lunch.
Just love a sweet baby bottom!!!

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

Oh I read The Help while nursing and I really enjoyed it. I'm excited to see the movie as well! I'm glad you liked it too!
Great idea with the playdough at the high chair. I should definitely try that with Beatrice. I'm sure she'll try to eat it.