Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our days

We've been busy the last few weeks so I decided we needed a calm day at home. I like being busy and on the go but I must admit it's nice to be home and chill in my pj's all day. I decided to take advantage of the down time and get some cleaning done.

For me cleaning is like therapy and when I get started I don't want to stop. I can be borderline OCD and like everything in it's place. It makes the anxious when things are unorganized and in disarray. I felt very productive yesterday cleaning some much neglected areas of our home.
This morning Ryan had summer camp. He's been somewhat clingy to me the past few days which is very unlike him. On Sunday when I dropped him off at his sunday school class at church he totally flipped out and didn't want to let go of me. It was completely out of character for him. They said he calmed down quickly and had a blast playing and singing songs.

Yesterday while we were home he followed me around the entire day. This morning I kept talking to him about camp and seeing all his friends. When I dropped him off he was a little unsure and clung to me a little but once he saw his friends he was fine and went right on it. I'm guessing it's the adjustment to Colton and having a new little brother. He's definitely acted out more and continues to test us but for the most part he's been so good since Colton was born. We've tried to give him the same amount of attention and love we always have.
While Ryan was at camp Colton and I had breakfast with my friend Jennifer. She has three boys so she was full of advice about raising boys. It's so funny how I thought eating out with a newborn was hard. I was always worried Ryan would start crying or get fussy. I laugh at that now because eating with a newborn is EASY compared to eating with a two year old!!! Colton was so good and slept most of the time.
I just loves these two boys so much! I cannot get enough hugs and kisses lately. I definitely have times that I am frustrated with them and need a break but when Ryan crawls in my lap and wants to watch Mickey while eating his snack, it totally makes up for all those hard days!

1 comment:

kimmie said...

It's so funny how we go thru the same things at the same time. Maddox has been following me around the house lately too. I also think taking a new born any where is way easier than a 2 year old!! Who knew!!ha!