Thursday, August 11, 2011

Keeping It Real

I know it may seem like I have it all together and everything is just peachy all the time. Well, that's not reality. I must first say I am SO blessed to have a wonderful and loving husband who works hard for our family, super supportive of me and loves us like crazy and would do anything for us. We have SO much and I am reminded every day how blessed we are to have a roof over our heads and food on the table.

I use my blog to record our family's life and struggles are just a part of that. I want to be real. I can honestly say it's the good, the bad and the ugly.
All this to say it's been a tough week around here, especially the last 24 hours! Colton is waking every 2-3 hours at night and has only given me a few four hour stretches.

Last night I gave him the dream feed at 11 and he was up screaming at 1am. I gave him the paci and was able to hold him off until 2am. I fed him then laid him back down. I went back to sleep at 3am and he was up again at 5:30. He would reluctantly take his paci then fall back asleep for a few minutes. This went on for an hour until I finally fed him at 6:30am. I'm exhausted to say the least.
Ryan woke up fussy this morning. Who knows why! Most of our frustration these days with Ryan are either when he cannot tell us what he wants or it's his deliberate disobedience.

He is definitely teaching me patience these days and many times I have to remember to count to ten and not lose my mind.
After we had breakfast and I fed Colton his 10am bottle we headed to the park for some fresh air. We walked around the walking trail then I let Ryan play on the playground. Both boys did great and it was nice to finally enjoy some cooler weather, well, ha 80 degrees. Oh I forgot to mention when I got in the car this morning the light came on to check tire pressure. Perfect! Thankfully we made it home without any problems.

There are definitely days I wouldn't mind sitting in front of a computer in an office enjoying the peace and quiet but I am SO thankful for my sweet boys and wouldn't trade staying home with them for the world. Life is about the good, the bad and the ugly.

No comments: