Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Finding Time


It seems lately that I am always trying to find time. Find time to workout, to clean, do my quiet time, organize, blog, make dinner...the list goes on. I know it will get easier as we get into our groove. Many of my friends who have two kids tell me you find your groove around three months.

I am a planner by nature. I like to know what's ahead of me and like my days to be predictable. Right now I go to the gym on tuesday nights and saturday morning. The other days I run on our treadmill during naptime. Of course Colton isn't familiar with my workout during naptime routine but he is slowly getting the hang of it. He sleeps best in his swing. Yesterday I let him nap there in the afternoon and he slept for two hours unintirupted. Ideally I would like him to sleep in his crib. Today he took an hour and half nap in his room.

I clean the kitchen in the morning while Ryan is having his breakfast and Colton is napping. I vacuum, pick up and clean bathrooms during naptime on the days I don't workout. It's so hard to find time to clean and even harder to keep a house clean with a busy toddler running around.

Ryan will start Mother's Day Out one day a week next month. I am so excited for him. I think he is going to love it and benefit so much from it. When Colton turns three months I can put him in the gym childcare so I will be able to get my workout done in the morning a few days a week. I love the summer and the carefree days but I'm looking forward to the fall and a more structured schedule for us.

Tonight when I came home from the gym Ryan was hanging on my legs and wouldn't let go. He was so sweet when I was putting him to bed. He wanted me to keep reading his books then he kept giving me kisses. I just love that little boy so much!

I LOVE staying home with my boys. I always wanted and desired to stay home with my kids. It's definitely the hardest job but most certainly the most rewarding.

No comments: