Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Terrific Tuesday

Today Ryan and I had the privilege to have lunch with my friend Jennifer and her daughter Ellyson. Jennifer and I met a few years ago when I still lived in Memphis and worked out at Bartlett Rec Center. She worked out there too and we became friends. We have kept up with each other through facebook and blogs but haven't seen each other in many years. She had a baby girl just two weeks after Ryan was born (July 5).

Thanks to the internet I'm so glad we have been able to stay in touch even after I moved away from Memphis. It was so great to "catch-up" today and meet her beautiful daughter Ellyson. Isn't it hilarious how both the babies are asleep. It's been hard keeping Ryan on a schedule this week. See Cincy is in the eastern time zone and Memphis is in the central. Ryan has been taking his afternoon naps around noon . Today he fell asleep while at Chili's around 12:30 and then took a nap when we got home from 2-4pm. I had to wake him up to eat. I thought it was so sweet how Ellyson fell asleep all curled up on her Momma!
Ryan just kept staring at her and when we put them side by side Ellyson rubbed Ryan's head. It was really cute to seem them checking each other out. Ryan looked so much bigger than Ellyson even though they are just 2 weeks apart. He's 50% for his weight but he is one solid, growing boy.
Tonight we had dinner with the fam at Logan's Steakhouse. Ryan enjoyed the attention and we enjoyed a really nice dinner, yum! To me Ryan just gets cuter and more handsome every day!

No comments: