Friday, December 11, 2009

Show Us Your Life: Christmas Treats

This is my sweetest treat!!!
Today at Kelly's Korner we are showing off our Christmas cookies and treats. Last year I attempted Christmas cookies. It took forever and was soooo much hard work. I decided I wanted to try to make molded Christmas candy this year. I remember my mom making molded candy when I was little but had never tried it myself.
I visited one of my favorite craft store, Michael's, and gathered all my supplies, candy melts, molds, lollipop sticks and lollipop wrappers. I was set and ready to go!
At first I just tried them in all chocolate. They turned out well so I tried some colors. Wow, that wasn't hard at all and they turned out so pretty. I was so excited and even let Matt try some when he got home from work!
I took some to MOPS yesterday and everyone loved my homemade goodies. I'm making more and plan to give them out as gifts and with Christmas presents. Matt says it looks like our house has turned into a candy store! Ha!
This will definitely be a new Christmas tradition and I'm thinking about making some for Ryan's first birthday party next year!

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

Summer, these are really impressive! I'm glad you enjoyed making them and I imagine they'll be a hit!