Saturday, December 5, 2009

Show Us Your Life: Christmas Trees

This week over at Kelly's Korner we are showing off Christmas trees and Christmas decor! I love Christmas and love decorating for Christmas. This year since my fam was up here for Thanksgiving I got them to help me pull the boxes out of the basement and help put the tree up. Boy was I glad to have their help.

I love our Christmas stockings! I made both mine and Matt's stockings. Ryan's I had to buy this year since I won't have his finished until after Christmas. I love the one I got. It even says "baby's first Christmas" on it.

I love our Christmas tree even though it can be a real bear to get it up. It comes in three parts and is pre-lit. Thank goodness! What did we do before pre-lit, ha! I love the ornaments on our tree. Every ornament has a special meaning to either Matt or I.

For the past 20 something years my parents have given me and my brother a Christmas ornament for our birthday. (my brother's b-day was Friday, Dec. 4) They always get us a hallmark ornament. I LOVE the tradition and now Matt and I get an ornament for each other every year. I'm sure we will carry on the tradition with Ryan as well.

Here are some of my favorite ornaments on our tree!
My best friend Raych gave me this ornament on our first Christmas in 2006.

Many, many, many years ago (back in high school) my mom and I went to a big craft show in Memphis and our favorite vendor was "Dina-a-Lings" from Arkansas. They sold beautiful hand-painted ceramic ornaments. My mom has passed on alot of these to me. They are so pretty and I so wish we could get our hands on more of these.

My ornament from Matt last year. I love gingerbread houses. I have 2 of these ornaments in a series. I hope Matt gets me the next one this year, it's a gingerbread church.

For the past 9 years I have gotten a lighthouse for my b-day. This is the last lighthouse in the series =( I am missing the first three lighthouses in the series. (There are 13 total) Maybe I can collect them from ebay!

Ryan loves looking at the Christmas tree and is enamored with all the lights. It's my last year to not child-proof Christmas decorations.

The sofa table with the nativity scene (I really want The Willow Tree Nativity Set), hershey kisses and pretty flower arrangement. The pic is Ryan's three month photo. We go this week for his 6 month photo shoot, can't wait to see how they turn out!

No comments: