Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend and Art


We had a good weekend around here! Saturday I got up early and went to the gym while Matt held the fort down with the boys. I came home and we watching college game day and then some football games.

We watched the TN/FL game but it sadly ended in defeat. TN lost one of their main receiver on the first play and it all went down hill from there. Hope they can pull it together before the next game.

Saturday night Matt picked up chipotle for dinner and then we chilled in front of the tv and watched more football. Lately we are just exhausted by the time we put the kids to bed at 8. We usually clean up toys and clean bottles and crash on the couch.

Love these pictures of the boys from sunday morning! Ryan has been getting very jealous lately if I give Colton any attention at all. Ryan did not like me taking a picture with Colton even though I had just taken a picture with him. Of course he calmed down once I picked them both up.

I found this blog awhile back of a sweet girl named Stacey who does these amazing canvas paintings. I asked her to do a canvas verse painting for both the boys' rooms. I selected these two verses for them and I think they are just perfect for them.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE them both. I sent Stacey a picture of both of their rooms, Colton's nursery and Ryan's big boy room. The one above is in Colton's room. I love the polka dots and the colors were perfect! I'm already thinking his big boy room will have to be brown and blue so I can keep this painting up.

This one is in Ryan's room. The colors are perfect and go great with his big boy bedding. I love this verse and it's my prayer for both my boys. I pray they will grow up to know the Lord and know He has an amazing plan for their lives.

If you are interested in ordering canvas paintings from Stacey you can go to her Etsy site HERE. And you can see some of her other work on her BLOG.

No comments: