Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Seasons


Yesterday I was reading a blog post about how parenthood and raising children are a season in life. As we were driving to the gym this morning I was pointing out to Ryan all the trees and the leaves that have changed colors. I was explaining to him how we have different seasons of the year. As I was telling him about the seasons I thought about the different seasons in life.

Right now we are in a season of changing diapers, bottle feeding, spit up, fussy two year olds, whining, oh the whining BUT we are also in a season of rocking a sweet sleeping baby, discovery, new words, grandparent love, hugs and kisses, playing games and puzzles on the floor together, singing songs in the car, reading books, the fact Ryan wants to sit in my lap all the time, giggling and playing when Matt comes home from work.

I want to cherish all these things because they are just here for a season and will be gone before I know it.

Most days I am just exhausted by the time my head hits the pillow. Ryan and Colton need so much of us right now. Sometimes it's hard to be in the moment and enjoy this season in life because it will not last forever. I know the next season in life will be wonderful but I want to remember to enjoy and treasure every day!

2 comments:

kimmie said...

I love this post girl!!! So true!! I think about how fast this season will pass and there is so much about it I will miss tremendously...but on the other hand...days like today..I just feel like throwing in the towel and to quit trying to keep my head above the water with all there is to do!! It is Exhausting!!!

Summer said...

Thanks Kim! At least I know I have lots of company when I'm having a rough day! Did you read Erin's post over on blue eyed bride about being a boy mom? It's a good one! You should go read it if you haven't already!