Thursday, September 8, 2011

Today is brought to you by the letter "A"

We didn't do anything special today. It's been raining the last few days so we can't do many activities outside. And who wants to lug two kids in and out of the store when it's raining! Definitely not me! This morning we did make a run to Costco for some essentials like paper towels and formula.

Ryan is such a busy little boy! He doesn't sit still for very long and usually the only time he sits is when he's watching Mickey Mouse. I do allow him to watch MM while I'm feeding Colton or fixing dinner but I don't want to make a habit out of it.

I decided I wanted to start doing to craft projects with Ryan. He is just getting to the age where he can and wants to do crafts. My friend Amber did a "letter of the week" craft with her boys last year and I thought that was a great place to start. Amber used the website NoTimeForFlashCards to get ideas for crafts with each letter. I plan to use the website too to get ideas.

So of course we are starting at the beginning with the letter "A". This was Ryan making his Alligator this afternoon. Obviously his favorite part was the glue stick! He enjoyed it and I did too!

And I just LOVE this picture of Ryan and Colton! Haha! We were winding down after dinner and I was trying to get a good pic of Colton but Ryan wanted me to take his picture. So I told him to sit on the couch and he could hold Colton. As soon as I put him in his lap he started crying and didn't want to hold him. Hilarious!

It's funny how Ryan doesn't pay Colton very much attention really. He doesn't come up to him or try to talk to him. The other night we were at a friends house and they have a 3 month old baby girl. Ryan went up to her like three times talking to her and trying to hold her hand. Ryan is just not sure about mr. Colton getting so much of our attention. I'm sure it's a phase and he will get past it soon enough.

2 comments:

Kelly M said...

Summer, that A looks adorable! And it looks like a fun project. Another website I really like is http://www.icanteachmychild.com/ She has two boys, just like you. :)

Nathan and Meg said...

Thanks for the project link. I have been looking for something to do ABC's with Brandon (instead of singing the song ALL THE TIME lol). He loves coloring and crafts too so should go well! Thanks again!