Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Prayer Requests

My heart has been so burdened lately for some dear friends who are in need of prayer. I believe in the awesome power of prayer!

The Lord tells us in 2 Chonicles 7:14 "If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Please join me in praying for these prayer requests!

Randy is a dear friend I used to work with. He was trimming trees in his back yard over the July 4th holiday and had a terrible accident that left him with severe head trauma. He was found by his neighbors so they really don't know how it happened. He has been in a coma for the past 10 weeks. They are encourages his MRI shows good neuronal activity. Please pray that he wakes soon and that he would continue to heal.

Please pray for baby Zoey, she is a 5 month old little girl who they just found out last week has a brain tumor. She is having brain surgery tomorrow morning at 9am to remove the mass. Her mom Lisa is a new mom in our MOPS group. Please pray the tumor is not cancerous that they can remove it all without any damage. You can follow their blog at Baby Z's Page.

My friend Jessica and I grew up in youth group together. We are the same age and she is married and doesn't have kids. She was diagnosed about 2 years ago with breast cancer. She had full on chemo and double mastectomy. She was cancer free until about 6 months ago when they found a spot on her lungs during a routine MRI. She was doing well and responding to treatments and the spots were shrinking when two weeks ago she had a grand mal seizure. They found a mass on her brain. She had brain surgery 3 days later. They were happy the mass was very small and they think they got it all. She is SO strong and so optimistic, she's amazing. Please pray as she begins a new chemo treatment.

Jessica's brother and sister-in-law(Brodie and Amanda) were pregnant with their fourth child who was diagnosed with Trisomy 13. They were scheduled to deliver tomorrow but the baby passed some time over the weekend. Please pray for them during this very difficult time.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I will pray for all of these families Summer these stories are so sad and heart breaking yet I do believe more than anything the power of prayer and miracles do happen and miracles happen by GOD and if enough of us pray the louder he can here our requests! Thanks for sharing and I will be adding them to our prayers!

Summer