Friday, February 25, 2011

Much Needed Makeover

Do you notice anything different???

Well I got a much overdue blog makeover! I found a blog designer I liked from Katie's Keeper. Erin over at Deisigner Blogs created this wonderful masterpiece. I absolutely LOVE the design and I know I will be using it for a very long time. I have to say that when Erin sent me a rough draft I loved every part of her design. I didn't want to change anything. They do great work and I highly recommend Designer Blogs! Thanks so much Erin for all your hard work on my blog! It looks awesome!!!

(Please excuse Ryan's wild bedhead! He had just woken up from his nap! He is seriously in need of a haircut!)
Today on Kelly's Korner she is showcasing things people make. I am not an artsy person and struggle just to draw a stick person but a few years ago I took Wilton's cake decorating classes and I loved every minute of it. I found that I'm pretty good at making cakes even though my artistic skills still struggle. I've made many cakes for friends birthdays, graduations and holidays.

Recently I have started making and selling decorated sugar cookies! I absolutely LOVE making cookies, almost as much as cakes. If you mess up on one cookie you have plenty others to make right, ha! They are so fun to make and I really enjoy making them for every occasion. You can visit my sweet treats blog at Summer's Sweet Treats!
Some of my favorite things people make are canvas paintings like this one below. I just saw this seller, Stacy on Kelly's Korner and I have already decided I want her to make something for Ryan's new room and Baby #2's nursery. I wish I had a talent to do this.

It's no secret that Ryan had HORRIBLE reflux and spit up when he was an infant. We went through TONS of bibs and burp clothes. He wore a bib 24/7 until he was 10 months old. I completely anticipate this little boy following in his big brother's footsteps and will most likely have the same reflux issues. I threw away most of Ryan's bibs and burp clothes because they were just gross and terribly stained. I wanted to start fresh with the next baby.

One of my big reasons for deciding on a name before this baby is born is so I can get things with his name on them. I absolutely LOVE personalized bibs and burp clothes! Here are just some adorable ones I found on Etsy. I plan to order lots of these for this little boy.

Are these not the cutest things ever? Hey, if you gotta wear a bib and always have a burp cloth on hand you might as well have a cute one!


2 comments:

Lori said...

Love the new look!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie,

I just love your new blog design. The pictures are great and the lovely Spring look is just wonderful. This is by far my favorite.
That picture of Ryan is absolutely adorable. I just love the tousseled look. Enjoy it while you can. The pictures on your Thursday blog are terrific, too. I want all of these sitting in my den so I can look at them every night.

Love ya,
Nana Mom