Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just a Few Things


This morning we had MOPS! It was wonderful to see my sweet friends and have a moment to chat and catch up. Our speaker today was a sweet woman named Heather who has 14 children, 3 biological and 11 who are adopted all with special needs. It was inspiring to hear her talk about God's calling on her life. She and her husband are so trusting and feel God has called them to care for children that no one wants. I teared up so many times thinking about how I think it's hard raising an almost two year old and here she is raising kids with mental illness, some are handicapped and three are on feeding tubes. She and her husband Rick are so selfless and such an inspiration about trusting the Lord!
I got this adorable outfit in the mail yesterday! It's baby Deepe #2's first outfit. Since both boys are/will be born in the summer all of Ryan's clothes will pass down to baby #2. Matt is very happy about how much money we will save, ha. I want baby #2 to have some things that are just his.

We really need to decide on a name for baby #2 because I hate calling him baby #2! I have a name that I really like but Matt says he is on the fence about it. I keep calling the baby by the name hoping that Matt will get used to it and like it. Hope we can officially decide soon. I'm dying to get something with his name on it. I didn't have alot of stuff with Ryan's name on it since we were surprised with him.
And I made these cookies last week for a friend's, daughter's birthday. She had a princess party and these were the favors. I loved how they turned out!

Lastly I'm so excited for my friend Anissa and her husband Richard who welcomed their sweet baby boy Quinn, into the world this morning. Ryan's sweet friend Elizabeth is a Big Sister!!! So excited for them!!!! I cannot wait to meet him!!!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Your little boy is so cute! How did you make the frosting on your sugar cookies so perfect & smooth? I can never get mine to look like that! What do you use to spread it? Sorry, just a few questions! :P