Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Struggles and Success

For as long as I can remember I have struggled with my weight. I gained a lot of weight in college and when I graduated my best friend and I went to the beach on vacation. I came back from vacation and saw pictures of myself and was amazed. I was shocked that I had let myself go so bad. That June day I made it my goal to lose 30lbs by the end of the summer. I lost it then kept going. When I met Matt in 2003 I was the smallest I had ever been. I was so confident and proud of my hard work. Like many women once we got married I put some weight back on. Sometimes I think it's harder to maintain your weight than lose it!

When I got pregnant with Ryan I was still about twenty pounds heavier than I wanted to be. Nonetheless I was pregnant and not going to be able to lose weight. I gained about 30-35lbs with Ryan. After having him I was DETERMINED to lose the baby weight and then some. I worked my tail off and lost all my baby weight by the time he turned 9 months then lost 10 more pounds by his first bday. I was happy but still wanted to lose more but I hit a plateau and just couldn't get over the hump.

That brings me to November. When I found out I was pregnant this time I was excited but worried about gaining all the weight again. Even though I knew I was pregnant I decided to join weight watchers online. I needed the accountability of making healthy choices and not over eating. My doctor is completely fine with me doing WW as long as I am eating at least 3 healthy meals a day and working out. She knows where I've been and the struggles I have gone through. Since starting WW I have lost 7lbs AND I"M PREGNANT!!!!! I am so excited and proud of myself for not making excuses and working hard.

I put Ryan down for his nap this afternoon and I went to change clothes to workout. I had thought to try on some jeans that haven't fit well in awhile, just to see how they fit now. Oh my goodness, they fit and were even a little loose through the legs. I was thrilled!!! These pair of jeans are my absolute favorite. I vividly remember wearing them on my birthday two years ago when I was about 10 weeks pregnant with Ryan. I couldn't button them comfortably but I tied a ponytail holder around the button to close them. I'm excited and motivated that I'm smaller now at 14 weeks than I was at 10 weeks with Ryan. After I tried those on I ran to the other room where my summer clothese are and started trying on pants and shorts I couldn't even wear this summer. They fit and were even loose through the legs and butt.

I am so excited and motivated to stick with WW and continue working out. I will admit that yesterday was the first day that I actually felt pregnant. It's weird to describe! I feel my stomach getting firmer and while running on the treadmill yesterday it was definitely harder to run. My goal is to continue running 3 miles, 3 days a week til I'm 20 week. I might just have to slow down my pace. I plan on doing weekly pregnancy updates and photos like I did with Ryan. I'm not showing yet but I will start the weekly updates soon.

And I had to add in a picture of Ryan for the grandparents!


1 comment:

kimmie said...

Girl!!! That is AWESOME!!! I so wish I could say that I have done that good. It's funny...all the girls I work with are doing weight watchers and I was telling them the other day that I wish they had WW for pregnant women...b/c I need a good plan that will hold me accountable. It is so great that you are still excercising. I starve all the time and have no energy to do anything. So I eat and don't excercise. I am almost 16 weeks and we do plan on finding out...we find out on January 24th Yay!!! Thanks for the post...it was very motivating!! BTW..where do you get the layouts for the pregnancy post?