Thursday, January 13, 2011

MOPS and Miracles

Today was our first day back at MOPS for 2011. MOPS is a gathering of moms of preschoolers who share friendship, resources and support. If you are a mom of a little one I highly recommend you find and join a MOPS group in your area. I am SO thankful for all the sweet women I have met through MOPS. There is just something about having a girlfriend and other women who are in that same stage of life as you. These women are such an inspiration to me.
In our MOPS meeting today we talked about activities to do with your kids during those looong winter months. Some of our moms are so creative! Ryan is still too young to do crafts but I definitely got some great ideas for the future.

Our snow is still sticking around but I honestly wish it would all melt and be gone. I saw a post on facebook the other day that made me laugh: "86 days til spring!" I need to join that countdown, ha. So what are some of your favorite things to do with your kids during the cold winter months?


Have you seen the new show "Miracle Detectives" on Oprah's new OWN network? It's my new favorite show. Obviously as a firm believer in God I know miracles happen all around us every day. Miracles that science nor logic can explain.

The shows premise is a documentary based on two investigators; one a believer and the other a scientist who travel the globe to uncover answers to mysterious incidents that transcend logic. They interview people, talk to experts and most of the time the two investigators disagree on their final conclusion. It's fascinating to me to here the stories and decide for myself if it's a miracle or not.

No comments: