Friday, January 28, 2011

Preparing for baby #2

It's funny how your second pregnancy is so different from your first. When I was pregnant with Ryan I spent countless hours researching the cutest baby bedding, the best baby furniture, the best baby gear...you get the idea. It was so fun registering at the store and preparing our home for our sweet baby boy. This time around is SO different! I haven't spent a ton of time researching baby items or getting things ready. Only in the last week or so I have just started really looking at baby furniture and bedding.


Ryan has a convertible crib, a dresser with a changing station on top and a bookcase. We bought these items before he was born knowing that this would be his furniture forever basically. Our plan right now is to move Ryan to our other guest room that is slightly larger and keep his current room as the nursery. We will keep him in his crib for at least a while. I don't believe he is any where close to being ready for a big boy bed. He isn't trying to climb out of his crib so why mess with what is working.


More than likely we will convert his crib to a toddler bed before we make the big move to a big boy bed. I have already picked out his big boy bedding and since we are moving his room I want to go ahead and paint the room and get window treatments up. I love the colors in the bedding and plan to do navy blue curtains and paint the walls light blue. I'm debating whether I should go ahead and get the bedding so that we are ready.

The new baby will get his/her own furniture. There were two cribs I was deciding on when I picked out Ryan's furniture so I knew exactly what I wanted when baby #2 came along. We are waiting to find out what we are having before we order the furniture. If it's a girl we will get white furniture and if it's a boy we will go with cinnamon/wood color.

We decorated Ryan's nursery in neutral green/yellow colors but I'm itching to change it up and get new bedding and paint the walls. I guess we will have to decide this in the next few weeks. I am such a type A and like to have it all planned out. But like I said, it's funny how with #2 you don't have much time to think about furniture, swings, strollers and all that fun stuff. My focus is on Ryan and teaching him new things and being the best mom I can be.

I know once we see this tiny baby on the ultrasound next week and find out the gender it will feel more real and the planning will kick into gear. Did I mention I CANNOT wait to find out what we are having!!! I think I have dreams about it every night.

Since everything we have is basically gender neutral the only other item we have to think about it is a double stroller. Here is where I have alot to learn. I don't think Ryan is ready for a sit and stand stroller but I want something functional but also practical. I've seen the Joovey Ergo Caboose double and think it might be a good fit for us. There is a sit in the front for Ryan then the back there is a bench to sit or put an infant car seat. In the beginning we will use the graco infant car seat we already have and Ryan will have a full seat then as the kiddos get older Ryan will move to the "sit and stand bench" and the new baby will go in the seat in the front. Any suggestions for good double strollers?

1 comment:

IFA said...

Choosing the Best Sit and Stand Stroller? read reviews by clicking the highlighted text and choose the best