Monday, October 4, 2010

Beth Moore and Boston

This weekend I traveled to Connecticut to visit my best friend Rachel and attend Living Proof Live event with Beth Moore!!!

I flew into Connecticut on Friday. My best friend picked me up and we headed to Lowell, Massachusetts (about 30 miles outside of Boston) where we were attending a Beth Moore Conference. The conference started Friday night. We made our way to the hotel, freshened up and jumped back in the car to head to the first session.

I am one hundred percent certain God uses Beth Moore like no one else to speak to so many women's hearts. She has such a gift. She makes you so excited about God's word and God's work in our lives. Her passion for God is electric and contagious! The message this weekend was about "The Lost Art of Treasuring". The message spoke directly to my heart and God was telling me I need to take time to treasure things in my life. If you ever have the chance to hear Beth Moore I encourage you to hear her.

One of my most favorite things she said was about needing "margins" back in our life. A margin is defined as space that once existed between ourselves and out limits. So many times we as moms (including myself) we start running on fumes and slowly we cut out time with God and time to recharge leaving us with no margins.

Travis Cottrell and the worship team were absolutely amazing!!! They are so gifted and we heard the best worship music. It was awesome. Definitely a treasure!

The conference was over at noon so we headed to the hotel to freshen up and then make our way into Boston. We didn't want to drive in Boston so we took a cab from the hotel to the subway station and took the subway the rest of the way into Boston. It worked perfectly and we were so glad we did it that way. We decided we wanted to do the Freedom Trail around Boston. It's a 2.5 mile red brick walking trail that leads you to 16 nationally significant historic sites. Below is our tour guide on the Freedom Trail. It was really good and I highly recommend it for anyone visiting Boston.

We always have to be silly trying on hats!

After walking ALL over Boston (we got a little lost) we were starving so we decided to hit up the Cheers bar/restaurant. The outside of bar is the same one used in the famous 90's show. It was really good and fun.
Sunday morning we slept in (to 8am but that's good for these two moms) then headed to Rachel's home in CT so I could see her sweet niece and nephew before flying out late that afternoon. I got to meet Analiese who is 7 months old. The last time I saw Rachel was right before Ana was born so I was thrilled to finally meet her. She is so sweet and adorable. Alex is 2 1/2 and just so cute and funny. I so enjoyed hearing all the funny things he says. This boy is hilarious.

I love these two sweeties and SO happy we got a great picture!

And lastly I have the most amazing husband who took the best care of my baby boy this weekend. Matt actually said he enjoyed spending so much time with Ryan. He said it wasn't easy but he loved it. I am so thankful for him! He even washed clothes and cleaned the kitchen while I was gone (shocking). He is the best husband in the world!!!!

It was such an amazing weekend!!! So many treasures we both took away!!!!

No comments: