Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday and Cake

This sweet little boy has been so clingy today. Not sure if he is getting sick or if his runny nose and fussiness is from the flu shot he got last week. He doesn't have a fever but he just wants me to hold him or play with him. Hoping his runny nose gets better soon.

Yesterday I got Ryan to eat some grapes! Praise the Lord!!! He was sitting in his chair eating his peaches and I had a handful of grapes in my hand. He started pointing to them so I gave him half of one. I was surprised when he put it in his mouth and ate it! Woohoo! I gave him some more today at lunch but he was not interested! I just keep trying!

Tonight I made homemade spaghetti sauce with penne pasta. Ryan LOVES this meal and it's got lots of good veggies in it so I give it to Ryan alot. There is only one problem...
It's a little messy, ha!!!!! Tonight was no exception! Ryan got red sauce ALL OVER him! He even rubbed it in his hair! I need to remember to feed him this on bath night! ha!

As I mentioned last week I made a cake for my neighbors daughter who was turning 5. Since I was planning to go out of town Friday I worked on the cake Wednesday and Thursday. I was really pleased with how it came out. My neighbor was excited and loved it.

I was so excited when I finished the cake on Thursday night about 8:30. I was happy it was done before midnight. I plopped down on the couch and started to relax until I heard a little crash on the table. I thought "Oh no, you gotta be kidding me". I rushed in to see the seaweed behind the ariel figurine was laying on the table. Ugh! I had made the seaweed out of royal icing and stuck them in the cake. I didn't know the cake would disintegrate the royal icing. I decided to make new seaweed out of fondant and let it dry overnight. I woke up really early Friday morning and put in the dried fondant seaweed. When I came back to check on it the new seaweed was leaning over again! Ughhh! I was so frustrated! I decided to stick dow rods behind the fondant seaweed and that worked. It wasn't the ideal look I wanted. You couldn't see them if you were looking straight on at the cake. All in all I was really happy it turned out well and my neighbor said it tasted great!

No comments: