Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Fall Ya'll

So today I took some fall cookies to our MOPS meeting! I worked on them til late last night and I have to say I love decorating cookies! I would love to make a business out of it. I dare say I almost like decorating cookies more than cakes!

I wanted to share the amazing sugar cookie recipe I found on All About the COOKIES blog. I highly recommend this yummy recipe!

"Mom's Cut-Out Cookies"

Ingredients:
1/2 C. unsalted butter
1/2 C. shortening
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups sifted flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking powder
2 T. milk

Directions:
Cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs, beat well. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir into creamed mixture along with milk. Chill for several hours or overnight. Roll on lightly floured board to 1/4" thickness. Cut into desired shapes.

Place on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 375 for 1-12 minutes.

2 comments:

jenn said...

how do you get the icing like that?

Summer said...

I use royal icing on the cookies!