Friday, October 8, 2010

My Kitchen

Today on Kelly's Show Us Your Life we are showcasing Kitchens! I LOVE taking a peek at other peoples kitchens so I can't wait to look through all the links.

This is my kitchen! I think it might be my favorite room in the house next to Ryan's room. When we were looking at houses this kitchen was exactly what I wanted. It had an open floorplan, lots of cabinet space and lots of counter space. The only thing I would change are the counter tops. I would love to have granite and add a tile backsplash.

I love the stainless steal appliances we have. I love my hardwood floors and never want tile in the kitchen, way to hard to clean. I need to replace the plate above the lamp on the right hand side of the pic. It fell and broke about a year ago and I have yet to replace it, ha!

I love our barstrools and they always add good seating when we have people over! This is the view from the family room.

I love this lamp I got a long time ago from Kirklands! I love that store. Fall decorations are my favorite so I love pulling out this turkey and my pumpkin that holds candy corn, yum!

This is my breakfast room looking in from the family room. We have a nice big breakfast room and we enjoy eating dinner pretty much every night around the table. I've been thinking about getting a new rug to go under the table but I love this one because it has magnolia's on it so it reminds me of the south.

I got these adorable kitchen towels from Cracker Barrel. I love how it says "blessing" and they look like fall to me.

This is the view coming in from the garage. You can see Ryan's chair in the corner. Our pantry is the door to the right. One of my kitchen requirements was a pantry. It's funny how so many houses here in the midwest don't have pantry's. Not acceptable for this southern gal.

I love our kitchen! Can't wait to see more beautiful kitchens!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

WOW - I love this! I love how open it is.. and the decorations and colors are so nice. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

http://hanginloosewiththetuccis.blogspot.com

Oxford Impressions said...

Your kitchen is very beautiful. I love everything about it!

Laura Burciaga said...

You are so blessed to have such a large, open kitchen/breakfast nook! Beautiful!

Beth Ann said...

Found your blog through Kelly's site. Beautiful kitchen! I have the same glass pumpkin that I always put candy corn in! You should add some peanuts (if nobody is allergic of course!) to the candy corn for a yummy treat....tastes like a Pay Day candybar! :)