I made the most delicious pasta meal last week! I found it on my favorite food blog the-girl-who-ate-everything.com. I love that it was simple, fairly easy to make and only used one skillet. I thought it was going to be bland but after tasting it when it was done it was AMAZING and so flavorful. We all loved it! The ricotta cheese mixture really gives it a wonderful flavor and taste. So so good and definitely will make again, probably next week.
(picture from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com)
Skillet Baked Ziti6 garlic cloves (minced)
4 teaspoons of olive oil
salt and pepper
2 cans (28oz) crushed or diced tomatoes
3 cups of water
12 oz (3 3/4 cups) ziti pasta
4 oz (1/2 cup) whole-milk ricotta cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 475
2. Combine 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt in large non stick skillet over medium-high heat (about 1 minute)
3. Add crushed tomatoes, water, ziti and 1/2 tsp salt
4. Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting heat as needed to maintain vigorous simmering, until ziti is almost tender, 15-18 minutes.
5. Meanwhile combine ricotta cheese, 1 tsp olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
6. Stir in cream, parmesan, and basil into the skillet an season with salt and pepper to taste
7. Add dollops of the ricotta mixture with a spoon and sprinkle mozzarella evenly over ziti.
8. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until cheese has melted and browned, about 10 minutes. Let cook slightly and sprinkle with remaining tablespoons of basil. Serve.