Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cookies

I've had many people ask me for the sugar cookie recipe I use for my decorated cookies. I went through many recipes before I decided Bridgets' recipe over at Bakeat350 was my favorite. It's easy to work with, not crumbly, they don't spread in the oven and always taste great! Bridgets' baking blog is my favorite and her cookies are adorable.

Here is my favorite sugar cookie recipe:

Vanilla - Almond Sugar Cookies
- 3C unbleached, all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks (salted) butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine the flour and baking powder, set aside. Cream the sugar and butter. Add the egg and extracts and mix. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat just until combined, scraping down the bowl, especially the bottom.

Scoop it out of the bowl for rolling.

Roll onto a floured surface and cut into shapes. Place on parchment lined baking sheets (Tip: freeze the cut out shapes on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before baking) and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let sit a few minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.

I made these fun Easter cookies for our Mops Easter egg hunt and party tomorrow!

No comments: