Thursday, January 26, 2012

Winter "Wet"land and Prayer Requests

It has been so rainy and gross around here lately. I am very glade it's actually above 35 degrees in January but the warmth brings the rain and I'm so over it. It's so weird that it's almost February and we haven't had a good snowfall. That kinda bums me out. I am glad I've gotten some good wear out of my new rain boots. I think there were about ten of us this morning with rain boots on.
We had a great morning at MOPS. I have four new girls in my group and I just love em. They are sweet girls and I'm so glad they came back after their first visit a couple weeks ago. I can't wait to get to know them better.

I have been wanting to make some snowman and snowflake cookies so I thought I would make some to take to mops. Even though it's not snowing outside, or anything close, I thought they were super cute.

I have a few prayer requests that have been heavy on my heart this week! One of my best friend, Katie, who lives in Florida, just had twin boys in late November. They were born at 34 weeks. One of her boys, Rooks, is at home and doing fantastic. Her other little boy, Joseph, is still in the NICU. He had a hole in his heart that was fixed last week with surgery but he has another issue with his heart (not exactly sure what it is) that will need another surgery down the road. He is in the NICU at a hospital about an hour away and they have a 2.5 year old little girl at home as well. They have lots of family helping out but I know it's a stressful time right now. I know they just want to bring their little boy home. Their prayer is that Joseph would be off oxygen, gain weight and continue to take bottles. He is also having an issue holding his breath so that needs to stop before they can bring him home.

I've mentioned before about my friend Lisa whose daughter Zoe was diagnosed last fall with a brain tumor. Zoe is now 9 months old. The tumor was non cancerous and she had surgery to remove 95% of it. The remaining 5% was attached to blood vessels and couldn't be removed without some damage being done. They had a follow up MRI done in December and the tumor is growing again. They are in the process of getting another MRI for further evaluation and will decide if they are going to start chemo or keep monitoring the tumor. Please keep baby Zoe and her family in your prayers. Lisa is always so calm and optimistic but I know she needs encouragement and prayer just like we all do.

Whenever I get stressed out with the kids I remember these sweet friends and feel bad for even complaining. My silly issues are nothing compared to the road they are on.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more that all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

No comments: